11.06.2010

The Sense of...

...smell is a wonderful thing.

It's Saturday. We slept in today. It was WONDERFUL! I wanted to go out to breakfast, but it was definately a want and not realistic for the budget. So I pulled out the good ole Pancake Factory.

The what?, you ask.

The Pancake Factory. I bought it from the clearance section in Walmart while I was in college. It's one of those random kitchen appliances that practical people never buy. However, it makes perfect pancakes! So this morning, I started with mixing up some batter, but before I poured the batter into the Pancake Factory, I grabbed some blueberries from the fridge. Then I poured, adding a BUNCH of blueberries to each perfect pancake. What a sweet and pleasant aroma for this beautiful, lazy morning (they sure tasted great too).

Now a new aroma is lingering in the house. Not long after we had finished our breakfast, I started on dinner. :) Slow-cooker french dip sandwiches. The roast has been in the cooker for a few hours now, so the home-cookin' aroma of this meat in beef broth with onion soup mix is beginning fill the house. It had just hit me in the living room minutes before I started this blog post. I'm really looking forward to dinner. :)

I'm thankful for the sense of smell, for God's provision, and for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment