5.20.2010

Trustworthy...

Today God gave me a sweet little reminder. Luke has occasionally started to let go of things (like the piece of furniture he is using to hold himself up) with reckless abandon to come to Brett or myself, if we are near. This video where Luke pulls himself up on the ottoman is a small example of this. http://hullahfamily.weebly.com/1/post/2010/02/busy-boy-cont.html

Now he does it intentionally and with a smile on his face and a laugh when you catch him. This morning, he was hanging on to a dining room chair and when I bent down to pick him up to put him in his chair to eat breakfast, he did this very thing, and it somewhat scared me because I wasn't expecting him to do it or do it that quickly (but yes, I still caught him).

Lately, in the midst of the unknowns and upcoming transitions, God has been showing me that He is trustworthy, and this morning He used my son to show me that He wants me to let go of the fears or worries (I can tend to let consume me) and leap into His trustworthy arms. He'll be there. He always is.

I'm just really thankful for Him, and for Lukas too. ;)

Psalm 13:5
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psalm 91:2
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

No comments:

Post a Comment