5.09.2010

Being a mama

I felt so honored today. I honestly wasn't expecting to feel that way, but I did. At church, Pastor Dean read to us the following passage from John 19...

Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

A lot is going on for Christ in this moment...He's been betrayed by Judas, denied by Peter, and He is taking on the sins of all humanity. And in this moment he tells Mary that John is her son, and tells John to care for His mom. He has honor & concern for her.

I heard today from our pastor that being a mom matters...it matters to God, to children, and to society. I think I needed to hear that.

Thank you Lord for loving moms (as you love all). Thank you that I get to be a parent with my wonderful hubby. Thank you for entrusting us with Lukas.

No comments:

Post a Comment